Kumar-Josephine

Kumar-Josephine

Sunday, November 15, 2009

TRUST THE LORD!

(Part 3)

Last week one of my friends, who commented on my articles on this subject, encouraged me by saying: “Let’s trust God for the chariots too”. Isn’t that wonderful? In fact the Psalmist who wrote

Ps. 20: 7 did not in any way say that we should not believe God for the ‘chariots’ or ‘horses’ but he was making a strong point by saying that our focus and trust must only be upon the Giver rather than the gift itself.


If you ask me, definitely I would like to have the chariots and the horses, BUT NOT WITHOUT GOD. I would rather trust God and even wait for the provision from His throne.


Friends, people always say: “Just talking or writing is easy”, but as you all know, every time we say something or preach or begin to exercise a certain truth, we ourselves have to face the test to understand the principals and experience the goodness of God. Am I right?


The other day, when both my wife and I were facing some struggles and waiting for an answer from God, I was attracted by a poster in my bedroom that explains the meaning of TRUST. These are the words that were written on the poster:


Take one day at a time.

- (Mat 6:34 MKJV) Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it.


Remember, all things work together for good.

- (Rom 8:28 MKJV) And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.


Under no circumstances should you worry.

- (Php 4:6 MKJV) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.


Start everyday with prayer and thanksgiving.

- (1Th 5:15-18 MKJV) See that none gives evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue the good, both towards one another and towards all. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.


The Lord will never leave you or forsake you; Don’t ever forget that!

- (Heb 13:5 MKJV) Let your way of life be without the love of money, and be content with such things as you have, for He has said, "Not at all will I leave you, not at all will I forsake you, never!"


When I read it again and again, I just felt the Father’s tender care and assurance. I than shared this beautiful words with my wife. It really ministered to us. Hope it did the same to you. May God bless the anonymous writer.


Few days later, we had a special visitor from north Malaysia – a couple who involves in ministry/missions – shared with us from Ps 37: 3-6 that says: “Trust in the LORD and do good…”


Don’t you think that this is God who wants to get our attention to keep trusting Him no matter what the situation may be?


My beloved friends, Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember/make mention the name of Jehovah our God. (Psa 20:7 MKJV/ASV)


Let us once again read and ponder the scriptures which are taken from the poster. Pray that it will truly uplift you and make you see God in different perspective.


To be continued…


Stay connected.

B.Kumarathevan

No comments:

Post a Comment